PatrolEyes EDGE 2K GPS Auto IR Police Body Camera
The PatrolEyes EDGE body camera is a high-definition video recorder for law enforcement with ultra high quality 1296P (2K) HD video with up to 60FPS. With its 140° wide angle lens and 64GB of storage, it can capture everything that happens for up to 15 hours! With the press of a single button, recording can start even when the camera is turned off. The built in LCD allows you to review videos, photos or audio recordings in the field. The EDGE has a durable housing along with a waterproof rating of IP66. This camera also offers H.265 video compression, which greatly reduces file size, allowing for more footage to be store at any one time. The EDGE also comes with built-in GPS that can be viewed on maps with the included software
2K High Definition
With the ability to record in crystal clear HD 2K video, this camera's wide angle view will record every detail
High Capacity Battery
Comes with a built in lithium-ion battery that allows for recording of up to 18 hours or on standby for 24 hours
Advanced Video Compression
With H.265 video compression, you are able to store more footage before you need to transfer it to a PC. This will make video files about 50% of the size as a normal H.264 recording.
Heavy Duty Casing
Weather resistant and drop proof up to 10 feet!
Pre and Post Event Recording
Allows you to record videos for up to 1 minute (480p) prior or up to 2 minutes after the point when you press record, so you never miss a moment
Stamps GPS location on video files and can be viewed on maps with the included software
Included Charging Station
The drop-in charging station allows you to charge your camera and transfer data
With a waterproof rating of IP65, your camera will be safe from any accidental spills or splashes
Large Storage Space
Comes with 64GB of storage so you can record hours of footage
Automatic night vision recording allows you to see up to 33ft in low light settings
Allows you to capture photos while recording
Advanced Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS)
Allows you to achieve clear, steady images even when the camera is shaking
Date and time stamp on every video with officer ID that can't be tampered with
When transferring videos the included files have their own unique device ID, log files, and video/photo files organized into folders so you can easily find the evidence you need
Gives you the ability to protect your camera from unauthorized access by entering a unique 6 digit password
- Battery Life: Up to 18 hours
- Storage: Built-in 64GB
- Field of View: 140°
- Video Resolution Modes: 2K @ 30fps |1080P @ 30/60fps | 720P @ 30/60fps | 480P @ 30fps
- Photo Resolution: Up to 32MP
- One Touch Recording: Yes
- Video Format: .MP4
- Photo Format: .JPG
- Photo Burst: 1, 3 and 5 shot bursts
- Pre-Event Recording: Up to 1 minute 480P; Up to 30 seconds 1080P
- Post-Event Recording: Up to 2 minutes
- Fast Forward/ Playback Speeds: 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 64x
- Infrared (Night Vision): Auto and manual IR options
- Night Vision Range: Up to 33ft with visible face detection
- Audio: High-quality built-in microphone
- Audio Format: WAV
- Audio Playback: Yes
- Battery: Built-in 3200mAh lithium
- Battery Life: 480p = 18 hours (1GB/hour)
- 720p @30FPS = 14 hours (1.8GB/hour)
- 720p @60FPS = 11 hours (2.6GB/hour)
- 1080p @30FPS = 12.5 hours (2.6GB/hour)
- 1080p @60FPS = 10.5 hours (3.6GB/hour)
- 2K = 10.5 hours (4.6GB/hour)
- Standby Battery Life: Up to 24 hours
- Battery Level: Visual indicator and audio alert
- Waterproof Rating: IP65
- Watermark: 6 digit device ID, 6 digit officer ID, time/date stamp and GPS embedded on every video and photo
- Fast Forward or Rewind Speeds: 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x or 64x
- Password Protect: Yes. Can be enabled or disabled
- Encryption: AES-256
- LCD Screen: Built- in 2 inch LCD display
- Status Indicator: Audio, visual and vibration alert for recording and stop
- Video Transfer: USB 2.0
- Working Temperature: -20°C to 55°C
- Camera Weight: 5.7 ounces with clip /4.9 ounces without clip
- Camera Dimensions: 79x56.9x26.6mm
- Camera Chipset: Ambarella H22
- USB cable
- USB wall charger
- USB car charger
- Drop-in charging station
- Metal body clip
- User manual
- 1 year manufacturers warranty
|Battery Life||18 Hours|
|Camera Resolution||2K @ 30fps |1080P @ 30/60fps | 720P @ 30/60fps | 480P @ 30fps|
|Charge Time||4 Hours|
|Charging Dock||Yes data|
|Night Vision Range||30ft|
|Photo Burst||1, 3, or 5 photos at once|
|Playback Speeds||2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x or 64x|
|Pre/post Event Recording||Yes|
|Standby Battery Life||24 hours|
|Time and Date Stamp||Yes|
There are two different versions of EDGE cameras. Version 1 and Version 2. If the serial number on your camera starts with a 1, you have version 1, if your serial number starts with a 2, you have version 2.
To install a firmware update on the PatrolEyes EDGE body camera please download the firmware from the links below.
- Plug in your camera via the included USB
- Download the appropriate .bin file from above firmware download section
- Once the .bin file has been downloaded, place the .bin file in the ROOT directory of your camera
- Unplug the camera from your computer, the camera should power off. Turn the camera back on and you should see the message "Reading File" followed by "Writing Firmware". The camera will automatically reboot when the firmware update is complete.
Due to multiple firmware versions we request that you email us your camera's serial number so we can send you the correct firmware to avoid the bricking of your camera
Please email us at email@example.com for any firmware updates or questions
- I've reset my device and my camera will still not connect to my PC.
- Please check or disable your antivirus software as that may be interfering with the connection of your device. Restart your PC and then close out of your antivirus and reconnect. Please also press down firmly on the camera if you are using a docking station to ensure it is connected. Once the device is connected you will hear a windows audio tone confirming that the device is now connected.
- If you are on windows, plug your camera into your PC and navigate to "My Computer" or "This PC". You should see your body camera's assigned drive letter. Usually D, E, or F. Depending on how many devices are connected to your computer. Right click on the drive letter assigned to your body camera and select "Format" towards the bottom. Another window will pop up showing you the settings available to format your device. Make sure the "File System" is set to exFAT, enable "Quick Format" and then press "Start". Your device is now formatted.
- You can view the files directly on the device or transferring the files via USB to a PC.
- High, medium and low are referring to the bitrate of the video. The higher the bitrate the higher the video quality. If you want to get the most battery life, setting the video quality to low will allow you to get up to 1 hour of extra battery life in certain modes.
Can I enable night vision mode without the infrared LED's glowing red for stealth operations?
Yes. Simply go into the camera's menu and set "IR Filter" to Manual and "IR LED" to Off.
Does audio record with the video in pre-event recording mode?
Yes, audio and video are both recorded while in this mode but can be disabled.
What is the default password for the camera?
The default password is 888888.
How much video can be recorded in pre-event recording mode?
30 seconds in 1080p, 1 minute in 480p