PatrolEyes SC-DV6 HD Elite Police Camera FAQs and Manuals
ManualsPatrolEyes HD Elite (SC-DV6) Manual
Brochure:PatrolEyes HD Elite (SC-DV6) Brochure
PatrolEyes Remote Support:PatrolEyes ScreenConnect Support link
Extra DownloadsSC-DV6 USB Direct & Body Cam Setup Software
- I'm pressing the record button but the camera won't stop recording!
- You must press and hold the record button for 3 seconds to stop recording.
- My camera says card full! How do I format my card?
- If you are on windows, plug your camera into your PC and navigate to "My Computer" or "This PC". You should see your body camera's assigned drive letter. Usually D, E, or F. Depending on how many devices are connected to your computer. Right click on the drive letter assigned to your body camera and select "Format" towards the bottom. Another window will pop up showing you the settings available to format your device. Make sure the "File System" is set to fat32 if your camera is a 32GB model or smaller or exFAT if your camera is 64GB or larger. Enable "Quick Format" and then press "Start". Your device is now formatted.
- I've installed the body cam software but my camera is not being recognized!
- You must disable driver signature verification before you install the program. You will need to uninstall the program and reinstall it with driver signature verification disabled.
- What is the difference between software mode and password mode in the cameras menu system?
- USB Mode: The password mode allows you to transfer files directly to your PC via USB, when the devices password is entered.
- Software Mode: The software mode allows you to lock down all the advanced functions of the camera except for recording videos, taking photos or audio files by the end user. Ideal for departments that do not want the end user to change camera settings.
- How do I view the files I have recorded?
- You can view the files directly on the device, using the HDMI to view on a TV or transferring the files via USB to a PC. Note: If your camera is in software mode you will have to use the police software.
- What is the difference between high, medium and low in the video quality menu option?
- High, medium and low are referring to the bitrate of the video. The higher the bitrate the higher the video quality. If you want to get the most battery life, setting the video quality to low will allow you to get up to 1 hour of extra battery life in certain modes.
Can I enable night vision mode without the infrared LED's glowing red for stealth operations?
Yes, with our latest firmware you now have this option. In night vision mode, the cameras lens infrared filter is removed which allows more light to pass thru which enables the camera to be 3-4X better than in day mode in low light conditions.
Does audio record with the video in pre-event recording mode?
Yes, audio and video are both recorded while in this mode.
How much video can be recorded in pre-event recording mode?
It depends on which resolution you are recording in and the video quality mode (bitrate).
- 1080P@30fps (high): 30 seconds
- 720P@60fps (high): 44 seconds
- 720P@30fps (high): 33 seconds
- 480P@60fps (high): 44 seconds
- 480p@30fps (high): 1:08 minutes
To install a firmware update on the PatrolEyes HD body camera please download the firmware from the links below.
- Plug in your camera via the included USB
- Download the appropriate .bin file from above firmware download section
- Once the .bin file has been downloaded, place the .bin file in the ROOT directory of your camera
- Unplug the camera from your computer, the camera should power off. Turn the camera back on and you should see a confirmation screen on the LCD
- Press the OK button and wait for the camera to go through the steps. Once the last step reaches 100 press the OK button once more and the camera will reboot.
- Your camera is now updated
Default Firmware: Pre-installed V.H1016.R1073.001